I thought it would be fun to share a few of my favorite beauty products. I always love discussing products with my gal pals and finding out which ones they can’t live without. I also thought this post would be appropriate because I decided to go in for a microdermabrasion today. After my appointment, I will be even more excited to dress up my fresh face with products.
To me, the face is the most important accessory. It has to look hot, young and fresh with every outfit because no matter what the trend, it’s always gonna be front and center. I would rather spend the majority of my money on my facial products and wear the same tee and jeans for a while than be unhappy with my face. If my face isn’t feeling fresh, I get all pissy. The above products are some of my absolute favorites in my current collection. Yes, they are pricey but girls—it’s yo face! Spend so it stays all fresh and young. I know every product doesn’t need to be pricey but these are my luxury lovers that will take your face to a new level.
Let’s start. (top to bottom, L to R) Warning: this post is LONG. I’m kind of obsessed with products so bear with me.
1. The Chanel Mat Lumiere Foundation with spf 15 is divine. I always used tinted moisturizer, fearing that foundation would make me look like a cakey, white mess. That is, until I spread this on my face. This is the most un-cakey foundation I’ve ever tried. It gives you the coverage of foundation without feeling all dry and clumpy. It looks natural and fresh and doesn’t ever make you look greasy or overly moisturized. Plus, for whiteys like me, the spf 15 is a must.
2. More Chanel! This my dearies, is the Ultra Correction Line Repair eye cream. The one area on my face I get super pissed at is my under eyes. I have creases, which I try to tell myself are just from smiling and laughing but I think these suckers are the start of some wrinkles. My under eyes are usually desert dry and this eye cream is the best! I’ve tried tons of eye creams and this one works perfectly. It never balls up under concealer and it’s super duper moist. (eww…moist)
3. Kate Somerville Exfolikate. I know, you’re thinking “this tiny tube for $85?” but lemme tell you: it is all worth it. This is one of those products that is so powerful, you only need to use it once a week or even once every two weeks. It works so well, you can even skip getting facials while you have this magical tube. Your face will feel like a baby’s ass after using this and yes, that’s a good feeling. This stuff is slightly green, crystal-y and tingly. You only have to put it on for 2 minutes or something and bam—your face is new. (chime in the magical music) ahhhhhhh! buy it, bitches. Or ask Santa for a tube.
4. Shiseido Pure Retinol Eye Mask. I told you about my dry, creasy eyes in one of the above posts. And now, I’m gonna talk about them again. This eye mask is a must! I was talked in to buying these while at Nordstrom. The lady knew how to get me to hand over the credit card as she said “Oh, honey. You need some retinol for those eyes!. Here.” She is one saleswoman. I bought the damn things and I’m glad I did. They are these funny little comma-shaped wet pads soaked in pure retinol. Sounds dangerous but it’s not. They’re divine after a long day at work. They’re cold, wet and lovely. You place the little commas under your eyes and leave them on for 15 minutes then pat in the remaining retinol. No need for eye cream that night. Again. this is a product that you can extend the life of. No need to use them more than once a week. If you don’t need the retinol, they have less intense ones with just moisture that are nice too.
5. Chantecaille Rosewater. Okay, you don’t NEED this but it’s one of those pamper products you should try sometime. Pure rosewater that can be sprayed on your face before makeup in the morning and before bed at night. It’s refreshing and lovely. It looks nice on a bathroom counter, too. Plus, rosewater supposedly combats aging and helps keep complexions clear.
6. Fresh Sugar Lips with spf 15. My sister-in-law told me about this one. I had been struggling to find a great lip balm that could work on its own or under lipsticks and glosses. This is it. First of all, the packaging functions like lipstick so you don’t have to stick your finger in a goopy tub and then wipe it somewhere to put on lip balm. Second, it’s smooth and doesn’t feel goopy under glosses and it has an spf. Third, it has a light, sugary scent. It’s not so scenty that you smell like a 12 yr old—it’s perfect.
7. (If you’re still reading this, I love you. Longest post ever!) Finally—the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Pink Quartz. This is the last thing I put on my face each day. After my blush, I dust this shimmery powder on the cheek bones under my eyes to give a little glowy highlight to my face. It’s a subtle addition that makes a big difference.
If you have any favorite beauty products, I would love to know. I’m always looking to discover new, fun things.