We all have places to be and people to see around the holiday time. I’m doing lots of flying this Christmas—home to KS and to Mike’s fam in Dallas. You know what that means—lots of airport time and TSA touches…great. Although the long lines and fondling can spoil the trip, at least accessorize yourself so you’ll look and feel cute while delayed or on time. And if you’re traveling by car, you’ll look hot at those sketch gas stations where you stop to take a quick wiz.
Here are some travel things I love. They’re kind of overly colorful for my usual taste but I’m drawn to them. Here we go…
(L to R, top to bottom)
1. Orla Kiely Dark Multi-Stem Tote: This tote is wonderful. It’s colorful, vintage-inspired and large enough to toss your travel goodies in there with ease. It also has a nice coating on it so if you happen to spill some airport coffee, just wipe it off and go about your day.
2. Lanvin Patent Leather Ballerina Flats: I love Lanvin flats. They’re pricey but so comfy and chic. I like that they’re simple—no frills or beads or labels, just lovely. They’re perfect for flights and car rides. You can easily whip them off for the TSA and they take up minimal space in your luggage.
3. Books Lifestyle Notebook: I always have the pleasure of reading lots of books while on the plane or in the airport. This is a perfect little journal to document the books I’ve read—during and after the holidays.
4. Jonathan Adler Specs Case: I don’t really need a glasses case but this one is too cute not to have. It’s cross-stitched and colorful. It’s actually not even that functional for travel because glasses would prob get smooshed but who really cares. As long as the case is cute.
5. Swissco Tortoise Toothbrush: Looking at this cute little toothbrush makes me hate my free, pink one from the dentist. This would be a fun little item to pack. Or if you’re staying put and hosting out-of-town guests, put a few in the bathroom for them. They’re tortoise, cute and a necessity.
6. iWave Grassroots Headset: There’s nothing worse than not having music on a long flight. These are perfect. They match everything, they’re sustainable and made out of bamboo, and they cover your ears to block out crying babies and talkative plane neighbors.
7. Christopher Elbow Chocolates: Yes, these colorful things are chocolates. What do chocolates have to do with travel? Absolutely nothing. However, I always like a little snacky snack on the plane and in the car and what better than an artisan chocolate that matches all the other travel accessories?! These are beautiful little chocolates. Buy some for your trip or for someone you love.
8. Anya Hindmarch “Girlie Stuff” Metallic pouch: A great little travel accessory to throw in your travel tote or purse. This metallic beauty can house makeup, tampons or other “girlie stuff.” It’s always nice to have your girlie stuff in a separate little pouch so it’s easily reachable.
wishing you safe, happy and accessorized holiday travel. xoxo